Twice.... in the BEST way possible.
Honestly, I am so overwhelmed with gratitude for this woman it feels like happy, thankful feelings are overflowing out of my heart and oozing out my pores.
So we knew we liked her from the get-go. She's sharp, she's funny, she KNOWS what she's doing. She never tried to show us houses outside our price range and doesn't waste our time with houses we won't like. She's GOOD at her job and clearly loves it. I saw her face plastered on a giant billboard outside Starbucks a few months ago... she was the Realtor of the Month that month. And I thought to myself, "How did WE- poor, first time home buyers, get the Realtor of Month as OUR realtor?" We win!
So here's how she made me cry. Last week we happened across a FSBO (for sale by owner) house
we really liked. Dave and I toured it and it had a lot going on that we were looking for. Older, with character, but not a money-pit. 3 bedrooms, decent sized living room and entertaining space. And the price was right. I called the owner the next day and told her that we'd like to move forward, and asked if we could bring our realtor with us to check it out. She said that she did not want to pay the realtor 3% (that's why she was doing the FSBO thing), so I thought that was that. I know I can't buy a house without a realtor, especially our first, so I figured we'd move on. A friend pointed out to me that WE could pay the 3% if we really wanted, but I just stored that away.
Well, we went out house-hunting with our realtor again last Thursday. And we really didn't see anything we liked much at all. She told us a couple times that she thought we should think seriously about the FSBO. So I told her the 3% dealio, to which she adamantly insisted that she would not at all expect us to pay her the 3%... that she wasn't in it for the money and that she'd be more than happy to simply find us the right house. I was FLOORED. What professional person just says, "Oh, the money doesn't matter. I'll work for you for FREE."?? I stammered out a word of thanks, but got all choked up doing so. I just couldn't fathom she would be so generous!
So, today she came with Dave and I to check it out. And we were once again reminded how much we liked this house. And she agreed. A great house, for a GREAT deal. As we stood in the driveway and talked about what it MIGHT mean to put in an offer, she just stopped and said, "Hey, can I pray for you guys?" And right there in the driveway, she prayed for us... prayed for wisdom, for discernment, for provision. And I just lost it. I tend to cry whenever someone prays for me, but this was just icing in the incredible cake that is our realtor. Not only is she good at her job, not only is she generous with her time and her money, but she prays for us!
Whatevever happens with THIS house... if we put in an offer and end up buying it or if we don't... I am so, so, so grateful to have this amazing woman working with us. I would have never imagined that my realtor would make me cry 2 times in one week. And that I would be so glad that she did.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment