Monday, June 30, 2008

On the verge of Normal

Bring on the jokes, everyone. Come on. Let's get them out of our system here. For Dave and Becca are moving to Normal, IL. Here's what we've heard so far...

"They want to hire YOU in Normal? Do they KNOW you?"
"Maybe now you can begin to discover what Normal is."
"I bet they're ANYTHING but Normal there."
"Now you can finally tell people that you are Normal!"

Ah, it kills me! Oh, my side! It hurts!

Yes it's true. We are officially moving to Normal. I have just been voted in as the new Associate Pastor at First Presbyterian Church of Normal, IL. I can honestly say that I never expected to be here, but I am so glad that we are. God's plans always seem to be better than my own.

A new life is about to begin. An adult life. With jobs and houses and all kinds of grownup things.

July 17 is the big moving day!

We will pack our little life into one of these






and then unload it into one of these.








Our home for the next 6 months while we start looking to buy a house!

All of this is far too exciting to be "normal".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging! Please please please post more...I can't wait to hear about Normal! Happy moving/unpacking...we'll call soon to catch up!

Bob Sanders said...

Have a great time in the Bay Area and SF. Get enough of CA to last you for awhile. Looking forward to pictures of CA and IL.
Thanks for calling tonight.
xxooMom